Visa for Switzerland
VFS Switzerland Colombo
World Trade Center (WTC),
East Tower - Level 6
Tel - 011 4690 899/011 2350 670
VFS office Jaffna
89, Brown Road,
Tel - 021 4922 150
Visa application form must be duly filled in and signed by the applicant (write in block Letters and use black or blue ink only) Two Identical clear and colour passport-size photos (with white / light background;Must be taken within the last six months)Valid passport & Previous Passport
Travel itinerary (arrival and departure flight information and if applicable travel dates to other Schengen countries; Do not purchase the tickets before obtaining the visa)Travel health insurance the insurance has to cover the entire period of stay in Schengen area. Medical and hospital coverage must be USD 50’000 and has to include repatriation in case of emergency or for medical reason.Proof of accommodation (booking confirmation / reservation containing the complete Name and contact information of the hotel with hotel voucher)
- Current passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the intended stay.
- Copy of the bio page & amendment page should be annexed to the application form.
- Passport must contain at least two blank pages.
- Photocopy of all visas (valid and expired)
- Previous Passport (if available) or a police report if the previous passport is lost
Children below 18 years travelling alone or with guardian should have either a letter giving consent to travel from both parents or appointment of guardianship certified by Divisional Secretariat, with copy of parent’s ID and birth certificate of the child. If required, either both parents or guardian should appear in person for the interview.Proof of family bonds (birth certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate of children)
- Employees: letter of employer stating :Date of commencement of employment and confirming period of approved Paid/unpaid leave
- Pay slips for the last 3 months & Proof of ETF/ EPF contribution.
- If self-employed : Proof of income tax return , Financial statements & Business registration or Land Deeds.
Monday to Thursday between 8 am and 1 pm or on Friday between 8 am and 10 am.